Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wish granted

Three weeks ago, I posted asking if any reader could provide the name of the predominant grass in the photo above. Thus far there's been no response. I also asked for a book (actually several books) for Christmas. One of the books I received was Prairie Plants of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Arboretum: Including Horsetails, Ferns, Rushes, Sedges, Grasses, Shrubs, Vines, Weeds, and Wildflowers. I looked in it and found the name of the purple plants. They're known as purple love grass, tumble grass. They're a native, perinnial grass of roadsides and sandy areas. My property is sandy if it's anything. I'm sure there's a reason I didn't think before this to simply Google "tumble grass." I'm equally sure I don't want to contemplate it. I hope each of you were at least equally successful with your own Christmas wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment