Friday, May 3, 2013

And the seasons, they go 'round and 'round

photo of Si-Si, the yellow lab
© harrington
Hi! Thanks for visiting this fine  Winter Spring day. In case you didn't recognize it [perfectly understandable] today's title is from Joni Mitchell's The Circle Game, one of my all time favorite songs. This year, the seasons seem to be circling much faster than normal. Have I taken a nap and missed Summer? I hope not. Now, please let me introduce you to Si-Si (my spelling), the long-legged, beautiful blonde who's my new girlfriend. We've been living together for a little more than a week now, with my wife's blessing and understanding. In fact, Si-Si is my wife's idea and an early father's day gift. Si-Si's full name is Chelsea and the "official" spelling of her nickname is Ce-Ce. I think my spelling better reflects her attitude, always ready to try almost anything, especially if it might involve food or fun. Having a lab back in my life makes My Minnesota a consistently happier, more friendly place. Si-Si and Franco get along entirely too well. It remains to be seen if we can train them  to take and keep the rowdiness outside while we still have a house left. Keeping a water pistol handy helps, since Franco hates being sprayed and Si-Si finds it an interesting distraction. Labs and water, you know. Water also turns the dog run into mud, so on days like today running around like crazy as we chase each other, or digging our way to China, isn't the best way to blow off steam. It's very much like having a pair of 3 or 4 year old siblings who are stuck in the house on a rainy day and convinced that whatever one has, the other has something better that must be taken away and then displayed for all to "See what I have." If the original possessor doesn't try to reclaim it, interest is lost and other ways to tease each other are tried. We'll report back from time to time on how leading a dog's life is going around here. Meanwhile, the river crest is receding in Fargo-Moorhead, snow will soon be all melted in Owatonna, farmers may yet get in the fields this year and we should be back above 60 degrees by Monday. The seasons progress and life is good most everywhere except around White Bear Lake, right? Thanks for listening. Rants, raves and reflections served daily. Come again when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment