Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tomorrow?

photo of the sun coming up
© harrington
Hi! Thanks for the visit. Remember "Annie?" Remember the lyrics to the song "Tomorrow?" I needed to double check. I've been home from the hospital one week today. A week from tomorrow I get my staples checked. Today I've been awakened and noisily chastised several times by a little brown and black and white dog who thinks he is more determined to play with me than I am to sleep and recuperate as much as possible. Always remember, no one is totally useless who can at least serve as a bad example or as a source of amusement for small dogs. This particular small dog is kind enough to limit his inclination to howl and run away every time he sees the stitchery the surgeons have practiced on my scalp. I'm far from an expert in these things, but I believe I could qualify as bad cover art for a heavy metal album. Being "laid up" for awhile does give one lots of "normal" things to  look forward to doing again, but then, I've heard people say that one reason to bang one's head on a brick wall is that it feels so good when they stop. This doesn't carry the same weight with some of us as does the idea that fly-fishing is the most fun one can have standing up in rubber pants. Based on the past week, I have to get my general health back to a point that I can survive dressing after I've done my daily Physical Therapy exercises. I think I'm going to try to sneak up on those. A frontal assault seems but foolish. I hope you're all doing well and doing good. The deadline for submissions for 25 books every Minnesotan should read hasn't yet approached, let alone passed. Suggest some titles and authors. The world won't end if we exceed 25. The sun will come up tomorrow. I promise. Thanks for listening. Come again when you can. Rants, raves and reflections served here daily (at least we're working back up to daily servings, health and extenuating circumstances permitting).

No comments:

Post a Comment