Thursday, October 7, 2021

Enjoy life while it’s there to enjoy

Very short posting today. The Better Half’s dog, Franco, just walked on. On her behalf, and his, I’ll share this wonderful Gene Hill poem:


Franco rescued us from 2011 -- 2021
Franco rescued us from 2011 -- 2021
Photo by J. Harrington



Just My Dog

by Gene Hill


He's just my dog.
He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds;
My other ears that hear above the winds.
He is the part of me that can reach out into the seas.

He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being.
By the way he rests against my leg.
By the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile.
By the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him.

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive.
When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile.
When I am happy, he is joy abound.
When I am a fool, he ignores it.
When I succeed, he brags.

Without him, I am only another person.
With him, I am all powerful.
He has promised to wait for me... whenever...
In case I need him; and I expect I will -
As I always have.
He is my dog.



********************************************
Thanks for visiting. Come again when you can.
Please be kind to each other while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment