Monday, October 24, 2022

A Treat for this Halloween and the holiday season

 Halloween is one week from today. We discovered how we might be able to watch some holiday season classics beginning with It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! It took us about an hour to find this little nugget of information:

Apple TV+ said in a press release that will provide free windows for nonsubscribers to stream the iconic holiday specials. These movies are available to subscribers year-round.

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown - Oct. 28-31

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving - Nov. 23-27

A Charlie Brown Christmas - Dec. 22-25

follow the press release link to bigify


I found it more convenient last year to watch on PBS, but that deal isn't in the holiday cards for this year. As my mother used to remind me, "beggars can't be choosers." If this all works well, with minimal irritation and no aggravation, I may even forgive Apple for some of the things they've done over the past year that really annoyed me, to the point I'm seriously considering moving to Linux.

In any event, please feel free to share this information, especially the press release link, as widely as possible. We need to keep the Charlie Brown holiday traditions alive and well throughout the 21st century!


Theme in Yellow


I spot the hills
With yellow balls in autumn.
I light the prairie cornfields
Orange and tawny gold clusters
And I am called pumpkins.
On the last of October
When dusk is fallen
Children join hands
And circle round me
Singing ghost songs
And love to the harvest moon;
I am a jack-o'-lantern
With terrible teeth
And the children know
I am fooling.


********************************************
Thanks for visiting. Come again when you can.
Please be kind to each other while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment