Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Will the last one on Earth please turn off the lights?

Most of this morning’s lunar eclipse was lost to cloud cover. Mid-day we’re getting a little sun for a change. The tree removal crew has been busy taking down dead oaks and pruning dead branches on living oaks. The drive way was blocked for an hour or two this morning by three downed trees, but I didn’t have to go anywhere and my Jeep is parked in the field behind the house just in case. The dogs have been barking at the guys in the crew any time they work near the house. Sigh! I’m looking forward to seeing the tall, dead pine come down. It’s so close to the house it make me nervous. All of this before I even begin to wonder what the election results will look like.

Meanwhile, the Better Half [BH] was off at the Daughter Person’s this morning, providing day care for the Granddaughter. This afternoon and evening the BH will be serving as an election judge. My fingers are crossed that all of that goes well during and after the voting and the counting. I’m beginning to look back at days of the Civil Rights and Viet Nam war protests as “good old days,” compared to how things sometimes seem these days.

It troubles me deeply that in the not so United States we’re busy fighting among ourselves and supporting Ukraine against Russia while failing to meet our goals to address climate breakdown issues. Meanwhile, the world population continues to grow and governments are focused on increasing GDP. How can we get more governments, including our own, to pay attention to our planetary boundaries?

planetary boundaries
planetary boundaries

Don’t we have too many common problems to continue fighting each other? Don’t we have more important things to do with our energy?


This Morning I Pray for My Enemies

 - 1951-

And whom do I call my enemy?
An enemy must be worthy of engagement.
I turn in the direction of the sun and keep walking.
It’s the heart that asks the question, not my furious mind.
The heart is the smaller cousin of the sun.
It sees and knows everything.
It hears the gnashing even as it hears the blessing.
The door to the mind should only open from the heart.
An enemy who gets in, risks the danger of becoming a friend.



********************************************
Thanks for visiting. Come again when you can.
Please be kind to each other while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment