Monday, December 26, 2022

Cold slows things down, right?

The dogs and their humans are lazing about today, cases of post-Christmas burnout, no doubt. Lots of folks went above and beyond so that our family could enjoy a wonderful Christmas together. I wish we lived in a world where that was true for everyone.

One interesting observation: county roads that ran through open farm fields had lots of places trying to drift closed. A township road that traversed through woods offered a better option for reaching the home of the Daughter Person, her spouse and daughter. The Better Half and I did some reconnoitering to assess road conditions, since we were leading the van from our son’s group home to the Daughter Person’s.

Santa and his helpers must have heard me complaining about the bitter cold because there were lots of warm clothes for me under the tree, including a heated electric vest. Putting that together with the heated electric gloves I ordered for myself, don’t be surprised if we stay well above zero for the rest of this winter. 

The Daughter Person and Granddaughter gave me books to record as I read so that I can “read” to the Granddaughter and to our son when I’m not there. Recordable Storybooks seem like a wonderful way to share the reading experience and related memories. I remember my mother reading to me when I was a child, especially Paddle to the Sea, but I have no recording of her voice.

May this week between Christmas and New Years be full of blessings for each of us and may the new year bring us better times and better lives (and no more bitter cold or feelings).

As we move through the transition from 2022 to 2023, I want to share a charming poem that found me on Twitter. Don’t forget to water your tree.


Needles poem




********************************************
Thanks for visiting. Come again when you can.
Please be kind to each other while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment